Irish Potato Soup
15 min to prep - 45 min to cook - 6 portion(s)
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 1/2 cup kale
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 seitan sausage
- 2 tsp of oil
- 3 plant-based bacon slices
- 4 tbsp of vegan butter
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 cups of plant-based milk
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan
- Cut 4 large potatoes and 2 large onions and 3 garlic cloves in thin slices and put them into a large pot along with 4 tbsp of vegan butter.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable broth to the pot along with 1 tsp dried sage , 2 tsp dried parsley, salt and pepper, cover and turn the heat to medium, letting it cook until the potatoes are soft.
- While the soup cooks, cut 1 seitan sausage and 3 plant-based bacon slices into small cubes and and to a frying pan along with 2 tsp of oil.
- When the potatoes are soft (approx. 30 min) add 4 cups of plant-based milk to the pot, taste and adjust the level of spices and salt and keep cooking for 15 min.
- While the soup is cooking, turn the heat to high under the frying pan and cook the sausages and bacon well until browned and crispy.
- When everything is ready, use a potato masher and break down the potatoes in the soup, you don’t have to make it super smooth, keeping some chunks is nice.
- Serve with freshly cut kale, sausages, bacon and some parmesan on top, enjoy!
Last modified on 2023-09-10, published on 2021-12-26