- 1 block firm tofu (strained not pressed)
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup of water and 3 tsp cumin, 2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Pour 2 tbsp of oil in a large non stick pan. Crumble the block of tofu into the pan with your fingers and cook on medium heat for 5 min while stirring.
- Add the water and spices and mix it well to cover all the tofu. Continue cooking for another 5 min while stirring.
- Add 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk and mix it well. Cook for 3 more minutes until the milk blends with the tofu creating a more creamy texture.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast and stir lightly to cover all the tofu. Remove from the heat, add salt and pepper and serve!
Really good on it’s own, served with toast, in breakfast tacos or sandwiches