Summer chickpea sesame salad
5 - 20 min to prep - no time to cook - 1 portion(s)
- 1/4 of a garden cucumber
- 2 handfuls of mixed salad greens
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 1/2 cup of grilled and seasoned chickpeas
- 2 tsp of plain sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of rice vinegar
- sesame seeds
Follow this recipe to make the chickpeas but replace the tofu with chickpeas, I made this salad with leftovers chickpeas from a breakfast.
- Slice the 1/4 of a red onion in thin half-circles
- Cut 1/4 of garden cucumbers in thin half slices
- In a small bowl combine 2 tsp of plain sesame oil or olive oil, the 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil, 1 tsp of soy sauce and 2 tsp of rice vinegar to make the dressing
- In the serving bowl, add 2 handfuls of mixed salad greens, the cucumber slices, the chopped red onion and the 1/2 cup of grilled and seasoned chickpeas and pour the dressing on top.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and enjoy!
Last modified on 2023-03-21, published on 2021-07-06